Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Agreement. This Agreement (the "Agreement") is between you the Scalable Cooperation group at the MIT Media Lab (“Scalable”) and specifies the Terms and Conditions for your access to and use of Deep Angel (the "Website"). The Website contains content created by Scalable (“Content”) and content uploaded by you and/or other users (“User Contributions”). Each use by you shall constitute your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
3. Ownership. All Content included on the Website is and shall continue to be the property of Scalable and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Website is prohibited.
You shall own all User Contributions that you contribute to the Website, but hereby grant and agree to grant the Website a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right, to use, copy, cache, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works, and store such User Contributions and to allow others to do so.
By using the Website, you agree that you will not contribute any User Contributions that (a) violates or interferes with any copyright, trademark of another party, trade secret to which you do not have the rights, or any other intellectual property rights of another party, (b) violates any privacy, or publicity rights of another, (c) is libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, hateful, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, (d) contains a virus or other computer programming routine or engine that is intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information, or (e) contains full nudity, pornographic images, or (f) remains posted after you have been notified that your Content violates any of sections (a) to (f) of this sentence.
4. Right to Terminate User Access or Content. The Website reserves the right to remove any User Contributions from the Website, suspend or terminate your right to use the Website at any time, or pursue any other remedy or relief available to the Website under equity or law, for any reason, or for no reason at all.
5. User Age Restriction. You must be at least 13 years of age to access and use the Website. If you are 13 years or younger, do not use this Website, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or user name. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Disclaimer. You agree that use of the Website is at your sole risk. This Website is provided "as is", and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. We disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement, to the extent that is permitted by law.
7. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Scalable and our parent organizations, partners, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Website.
8. Limitation of Liability. Scalable’s liability for any damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, arising in any way relating to the Website, your Website use, the Content, or User Contributions, shall be limited as much as the law will allow.
9. Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement. We take claims of copyright infringement seriously and will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Website by submitting notification by email to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Website, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices can be reached by emailing: email@example.com.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
10. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
13. Modification of the Agreement. This Agreement may be modified at any time by the Scalable Cooperation group at the MIT Media Lab (“Scalable”) and any modifications are effective immediately. The Agreement in its current form, with all modifications, can be viewed at any time at http://deepangel.media.mit.edu/terms-of-service.